"Sustainability is the ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs"
Sustainability has become an important factor to consider for both individuals and businesses alike. From reducing energy consumption and waste, to choosing environmentally friendly products, there are many ways to make a difference. For businesses, sustainability can also mean creating products or services that conserve resources or reduce negative environmental impacts. While implementing sustainable practices can seem daunting at first, it’s worth taking the time to learn about and incorporate them into your everyday life and work.
Packaging is one of the most important factors when it comes to sustainability. Not only does it protect the product, but if done correctly, packaging can be made from recycled materials, reducing waste and bio-based resources. Additionally, well-designed packaging can be reused or even composted.While some sustainable packaging solutions can be more expensive than traditional packaging, the long-term benefits often make them worth the investment.
“We at Safepack are committed to bringing this change through our approach & new product innovations. We are constantly striving to improve our carbon footprints and make changes to the traditional systems to bring forth this gradual shift which will impact the future generations to come”
– Mr.Rajendra Tapadia (MD & CEO)
From incorporating renewable energy sources to innovating sustainable packaging products, Safepack has been adapting the sustainability model since the past decades!
Sustainable Packaging Products
- Safepack R&D Team constantly endeavors toward a more sustainable tomorrow with the motto – ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink & Redesign’
- We have been pioneering in the innovation of sustainable packaging since a decade and have range of products which have been engineered using Biopolymers & Eco Coatings.
- These Biopolymers are not only 100% compostable but also help in reducing the green house gas emissions while being energy efficient.
- Some of our Biodegradable products are :
- WPO President Award Winner – Compostable VCI Film
- WPO World Star Winner – Biopolymer Coated Paper/Board
- Emulsion Coated Paper/Board
- Compostable VCI Masterbatch
- Water Activated Paper Gum Tape
- Safepack has installed solar panels covering over 35% of our factory sheds.
- These generate renewable energy to sustain a quarter of our power consumption.
- Our goal is to cover 100% of our factory sheds by 2030 and to power the majority of our energy requirements through renewable energy resources.
- We make conscious efforts to keep increasing consumption of biogas & subsequently decreasing consumption of fossil fuels to generate energy.
- Safepack has a comprehensive waste management policy which ensures proper segregation of production waste.
- We work with certified recycling facilities after auditing their machinery and processes to make sure the segregated waste is recycled for further applications
- Some of these recyclers incorporate an emerging recycling process of ‘Pyrolysis’ which breaks down plastic waste chemically into their raw materials.
- Few other recyclers convert the waste into small pieces / flakes which are used as reinforcement fillers in formation of composite furniture panels
- Some of the waste generated is also internally recycled with help of shredders and granulators to be re-used in our production processes.
- We believe in giving back to the environment as much as we can to balance out the eco-system.
- With this thought process we collaborate and execute plantation drives with different NGO’s and organizations.
- These plantation drives are usually done in the neighboring locality with the help of local schools , municipal corporations and Safepack staff.