Safepack VCI Masterbatch is a Nitrite-Free anti-corrosion masterbatch designed for both ferrous and most of the non-ferrous metals. The VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) additives in “SP-VCIMB-2001” are partly based on chemicals with enough energy (vapor pressure) to release the active anticorrosion molecules from the film and out in the environmental air to protect the metal packed from corrosion. Extrusion of polyethylene film with SP-VCIMB-2001 will produce a finished product that combines the properties of polyethylene resin and the VCI which will solve the corrosion problems. It is available with color pigment as well as without color pigment. With color pigment masterbatch, the film will give transparent bluish-green color film.
- Combination of contact and volatile vapour anti-corrosion additives to represent efficient corrosion inhibition system for protection of metals
- Combines properties of PE resin and VCI chemicals
- Provides protection during storage and transportation
- VCI Masterbatch/corrosion inhibitor masterbatch useful at delay & stops corrosion/rusting
- Transparent film provides see-through benefit for packed product
- Suitable for various plastic processes like monolayer/multilayer brown film extrusion, cast film extrusion, and extrusion coating
- Volatile/vapour corrosion inhibitor masterbatch provides economical and fast protection
Safepack VCI Masterbatch is designed for manufacturing anti-corrosion VCI films. The VCI additives are partly based on chemicals with enough energy to release the active anti-corrosion molecules from the film and out in the environmental to protect the packed metal from corrosion.
VCI MB APPLICATION
SP-VCIMB-2001” is blended with polyethylene resin (LDPE/ LLDPE/ HDPE) with a concentration of 6-9% by weight depending on the thickness of the film or application and requested shelf life. The length of protection anticipated by film containing VCIMB is 2 years when extruded with ideal processing guideline. We recommend that an evaluation is made in every single case to confirm that the anticorrosion effect is fulfilling the demands. It is also recommended to conduct the field tests before regular production.