Safepack’s VCI Desiccant offers dual protection to metal parts by absorbing moisture combined with VCI chemical protection to prevent them from rusting.
- Changes colour as it absorbs moisture. Blue when dry, purple after mild absorption, pink when saturated with moisture
- High crush strength and high porosity
- Chemically inert and non-corrosive
- Prevents mold, mildew, rust, and corrosion
- Non-tearing, non-dusting, and non-linting packets
- Available in various pack sizes
- Free from DMF (Export Packaging Requirement)
Safepack VCI Desiccant contains VCI chemicals that attract and holds water by absorption and capillary condensation, allowing it to absorb 25% of its weight in water. It is designed to perform at room temperature (700 to 900 F) and high humidity (60-90% Rh). VCI Desiccant can reduce the relative humidity of the container to around 40 Rh.
VCI Desiccants are commonly used during the shipping or storage of products. Can be used for ferrous and non-ferrous products to prevent saturation, moisture, and rusting of metals within the container.