Why Safepack’s compostable Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) film?
Preventing corrosion in metals has been one of the biggest challenges for the packaging industry. While polythene-based VCI films are doing the job, pollution caused by such films have become a cause of concern for the packaging and metal industry world over.
After relentless research, Safepack has developed a compostable VCI film as an answer to corrosion as well as the pollution caused by polythene-based films.
Safepack’s compostable VCI is an eco-friendly protective packaging material that beats corrosion in metals – ferrous and non-ferrous. The polythene-free packaging material is made using certified bio-polymers and is completely biodegradable and sustainable. Not only does it completely decompose in soil but also offers a substantial reduction in carbon footprint.
Safepack Compostable VCI features:
- Made using certified biopolymers
- 100% biodegradation at end of its lifecycle
- 60% reduction in carbon footprint
- Produces 80% fewer greenhouse gases
- Consumes 52% less energy during production as compared to petroleum-based resins
- Conforms to ASTM D6400, EN 13432 and ISO 17088 standards
- Can be composted, recycled or even incinerated without any harm to the environment
Accolades for Safepack’s compostable VCI film
- Winner of SIES Star Award
- Winner of IFCA Star Award 2020
- Nominated for Worldstar 2022 Awards